Friday, September 05, 2008

Schwitzgeblia

A refreshingly harsh and unsympathetic criticism of my recently published paper, "The Unreliability of Naive Introspection" has been posted over at Brain Pains. It's good once in a while (not too often!) to hear frank opinions from people who think you're full of crap. (You all here at The Splintered Mind are so polite and restrained in your comments -- not that I'm complaining!) I've responded at some length. My hope is that the comments are completely off target, but I confess I'm a biased judge!

Josh Rust and I have also just completed a draft of a new essay, "Do Ethicists and Political Philosophers Vote More Often Than Other Professors?". Regular readers of The Splintered Mind will recognize the theme from these earlier posts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, we don't think yer full of crap! We all enjoyed the article, and I hope the post gets more people reading it. But we are brain Pains after all!
best,
robert

Anibal Monasterio Astobiza said...

Eric,
-Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger-
Friederich Nietzsche.

critics fortifies one´s own position.